Does this describe you?
- Your life’s a mess
- Your struggling with relationships in your family and friends
- There are too many stresses at work
- The Bahá’í community asks more of you than you can give and there’s no time to relax.
- You feel like a victim of the relentless number of tests and difficulties sent your way.
- You’re bogged down and burdened with sorrow.
- You feel impotent and powerless.
- You pray and read the Bahá’í Writings but God feels farther away than ever.
- You know you should be happy but you feel miserable.
- You want to be happy but you don’t know how.
- You wonder what’s wrong with you, that despite having access to this amazing prescription for living, you still aren’t happy.
- You ask yourself: What’s wrong with me? Do I not have what it takes? Am I a bad Bahá’í?
‘Abdu’l-Bahá asks us:
If we are not happy and joyous at this season, for what other season shall we wait and for what other time shall we look? (Abdu’l-Bahá, Baha’i World Faith, p. 351)
But how do we become happy when our lives have been so miserable?
I’ve been there before!
You’re not alone!
We all have circumstances in our lives that leave us feeling disappointed, helpless, hopeless and in despair. It’s at those times we need help to see that there are always choices we can make.
I spent most of my life wanting to be happy. Whenever I feel weighed down by life, whenever I feel all the pains and trials of the world weighing on my shoulders, I want to hide under the covers, cuddle with my cats, eat chocolate, turn off the phone and hide from the world.
Six years ago I realized that life is too short to indulge in self-pity, and I begged God for a solution. I promised that if there was light at the end of the tunnel, I would share the light with others, and show them the way. He showed me a way that’s worked for me and I am grateful!
Now, whenever I find myself slipping back into depression, I use a few simple steps to realign with my purpose, feel happy and joyful again, and move into action. These teachings have changed my life, and I know that they can help you too.
Changing the Way We Learn to Be Happy!
Learning How to Be Happy is full of practical, powerful solutions with lots of examples and stories to illustrate answers from the Divine Physician, a source we can trust.
In it you will . . .
- find spiritual solutions based on the Bahá’í Writings
- learn how to change the thoughts that make you unhappy
- learn how to be happy at the very core of your being instead of just treating symptoms
- discover why you aren’t finding happiness using material solutions
- understand where you have choices and how to make them
- help others who are unhappy recognize the signs and offer support with love
- learn specific prayers you can use
Just imagine: Minutes from now you will be learning everything you need to feel a whole lot happier!
IMPORTANT LEGAL DISCLAIMER
Susan Gammage would never claim that the information in this book is a magic pill. Those using this information must make a diligent effort in all suggested areas, or results will not be obtained. Even if you do follow the program as instructed, there is a chance you will see little or no benefit. Susan Gammage is not a medical doctor, psychologist, or mental health worker. This information comes from the Bahá’í Writings and has been used in her own experience ending an anxiety disorder and PTSD, and is not meant as a substitute for medical advice. Please consult a qualified professional for any specific needs you may have .